Thursday, November 12, 2015

Just a few things I'm learning...



The past twelve weeks I have seen the Lord be so faithful in me being in the Forge – here are just a few snapshots of some of the takeaways I am learning right now.

  •  I am learning how to truly study God’s Word and not just scan it like an ‘iTunes service agreement.’ We are reading five chapters in different sections of the Bible every day, as we are memorizing the entire book of 1 Peter, along with studying it in depth and choosing a passage to teach next semester. This has been so fruitful as I am seeing the benefits to truly having Scripture on you heart and in your bones. We are also studying the Bible through the eyes of Israel and learning the culture, background, language and context of so many stories as we are preparing for our two-week trek through Israel in March.

  • I am also learning what true Christian community looks like, and what a blessing that I get to live in the midst of 28 believers for eight months. This community has already experienced incredible joys and very low valleys, and I am learning what it looks like to encourage each other, spur each other on, and point each other to the Word as bringers of salvation.

  •  I am learning the ins and outs of being a leader and skills that I will be able to apply in any aspect of life. The joys, hardships, challengers, strengths and weaknesses that come along with being a servant-leader.

  • We are learning about ministry in a way that I truly think will impact the rest of my life, no matter what I do or where I go. I am discovering who God has specifically designed me to be and how I can use those gifts and strengths for his kingdom throughout my life. Whether I am a teacher, mentor, wife or mom, these truths that I am learning will help me more fully live out my design and walk in the good works he has planned.

Even just a few months in, I am seeing how faithful the Lord has been in me taking eight months to slow down, learn more about who He is and in that process learn more about who He has created me to be. He has softened my heart so much toward being his follower and finding so much joy in learning what he is teaching me and walking in faith through every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment